UTF-8: A character in UTF8 can be from 1 to 4 bytes long. UTF-8 is backwards compatible with ASCII. ; options – optional object: . ; ignoreBOM – boolean, if true then ignore BOM (an optional byte-order unicode mark), rarely needed.

Note that, you should not encode the entire URL using the encodeURIComponent() function. Created by geeks from team Browserling. Here’s what our current JavaScript equivalent to PHP's utf8_encode looks like. Complete article that works for me : Part where we encode from unicode/utf-8 is function utf8_to_b64( str ) { return window.btoa(unescape(encodeURIComponent( str ))); } function b64_to_utf8( str … label – the encoding, utf-8 by default, but big5, windows-1251 and many other are also supported. Import UTF8 – get URL-escaped UTF8.

Javascript has a built-in function named btoa() that you can use to perform Base64 encoding. Just import your UTF8 string in the editor on the left and you will instantly get percent-encoded characters on the right. World's simplest browser-based UTF8 URL-encoder. It should only be used to encode the query strings or path segments - Free, quick, and very powerful. UTF-8 can represent any character in the Unicode standard. In this article, you'll learn how to encode a string to Base64 encoded format. To encode DOMStrings, you need to convert the UTF-16 DOMStrings to UTF-8 array of characters. UTF-8 is the preferred encoding for e-mail and web pages: UTF-16 fatal – boolean, if true then throw an exception for invalid (non-decodable) characters, otherwise (default) replace them with character \uFFFD. What I am interested in is the UTF-8 character (U.S. keyboard only) set for values 0-127 255 [Edit: Since valid string characters do not exceed 127 in my particular case, I do not think I need true UTF8 encoding, which would have to ensure that no returned byte value would exceed 255, hence more complex coding. decodeURIComponent interprets the string with UTF-8, which means it would combine the two encoded characters back into their original UTF-8 representation. unescape merely returns the characters without any interpretation. However, the btoa() function doesn't recognize DOMStrings which are 16-bit encoded.