By Yuli Vasiliev
Beginning Database-Driven software improvement in Java™ EE: utilizing GlassFish™ specializes in the open resource GlassFish patience engine. This e-book exhibits Java programmers how you can strengthen purposes using relational database applied sciences with examples utilizing Oracle and MySQL and the GlassFish software improvement framework and deployment platform all in accordance with Java EE.
- The ebook explains intimately how one can arrange your Java EE answer right into a multilayer structure, putting such a lot emphasis on easy methods to enforce the patience and database stages of an program.
- Through many examples, this ebook indicates how one can successfully use the Java endurance good points on hand within the Java EE platform. learn the way you could enormously simplify the duty of creating the endurance layer of your Java EE program via relocating a few program good judgment into the underlying database, using database perspectives, kept courses, and triggers.
- The publication additionally explains find out how to install Java EE functions to GlassFish, a loose, open resource Java EE 5–compliant program server.
Read Online or Download Beginning Database-Driven Application Development in Java™ EE: Using GlassFish™ PDF
Best introductory & beginning books
A working laptop or computer should be considered from many various degrees, and used for plenty of various features, resembling the production of latest program software program. even if, an exact machine works at a fair reduce point than this. advent to 80x86 meeting Language and desktop structure divides its emphasis among the assembly-language/machine-language point of machine operations and the architectural point, that's, the extent outlined by way of the computer directions that the processor can execute.
Ruby is a unfastened and strong programming language that may be used to boost courses to satisfy approximately any programming problem, together with scripting, program programming and net improvement. This new textual content teaches Ruby programming via a full of life hands-on technique and a spotlight on online game improvement. scholars start through studying the basics of laptop programming and should movement directly to getting to know the strategies and rules concerned with Ruby programming.
- Basic Matrices: An Introduction to Matrix Theory and Practice
- Foundations of Programming Through BASIC
- An Introduction to Logic Programming Through Prolog
- Java programming : frm problem analysis to program design
- Applied Genetic Programming and Machine Learning (Crc Press International Series on Computational Intelligence)
- Super Scratch Programming Adventure!. Learn to Program by Making Cool Games (Covers Version 2)
Additional info for Beginning Database-Driven Application Development in Java™ EE: Using GlassFish™
You might want to learn how you can deploy your web applications to the application server. Also, you might want to learn how to look at the server settings and maybe change something. To fulfill these needs, GlassFish ships with a set of tools, both visual and command line, that let you perform all the previous administration tasks and more. This section discusses Admin Console, a browser-based GUI tool that lets you visually perform administration tasks. In the “GlassFish Administration with asadmin” section later in this chapter, you will learn how you can perform administration tasks with asadmin, a command-line tool bundled with GlassFish.
CHAPTER 2 ■ GETTING STARTED WITH GLASSFISH 4. In the message deployed with moduleid = helloworld(details), click details. This should open the Log Entry Detail dialog box shown in Figure 2-6. Figure 2-6. Log Entry Detail dialog box As you can see in the figure, the server has created a log entry upon deploying the application. Testing the Application Checking out the logs to make sure the application has been successfully deployed is definitely not the fastest way to go in this case. You can quickly check your application if you simply point a browser to the URL of the application.
On the final screen of the MySQL Configuration Wizard, click the Execute button to complete the configuration process. After you have completed these steps, the MySQL server should be up and running on your Windows machine. Installing MySQL on Linux Using the RPM packages is the recommended way to install MySQL on Linux. The following steps assume your Linux supports RPMs: 1. d/, which are required to start the mysqld server automatically at boot time. 2. After the installation, it is highly recommended you assign the password to the anonymous accounts: • # mysql -u root • mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR ''@'localhost' = PASSWORD('new_pswd'); • mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR ''@'your_hostname' = PASSWORD('new_pswd'); 21 22 CHAPTER 1 ■ SETTING UP YOUR WORKING ENVIRONMENT After you have completed these steps, the MySQL server should be up and running on your machine.
Beginning Database-Driven Application Development in Java™ EE: Using GlassFish™ by Yuli Vasiliev